Sunday, July 24, 2011

30 Day Shred Day 2

So today's workout was really good! I was dripping with sweat; didn't take as many 5-second breaks as yesterday; and got my butt kicked, again. By the end of this workout I was really hating Jillian Michaels. :)

I'll explain how the workout works, in case you don't know. If you have done this routine already, you can skip to the end of this post. It's a 20-minute workout that combines strength, cardio and abs. Jillian calls it the 3-2-1 method. That's  3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. There are 3 circuits you go through in addition to a warm up (1 minute) and a cool down (1 minute). On the video there are 3 levels of intensity, since I'm not fit at all, I started at level 1. I will do this workout until I am not challenged anymore; then I will move on to Level 2. I will let you know when I switch to each level.

I downloaded a new app for my iPod today, MyFitnessPal. It tracks calories, weightloss, measurements, and exercise. I was using Lose It!, but I don't regularly log in, outside of once a week to track my weightloss. I really want to track my food, so I'm hoping this app will help with that (not that Lose It! didn't).

I'm considering meal planning for all meals, and not just dinner. I want to make sure I'm getting the needed nutrients daily. Plus, since I have high cholesterol, making sure I'm getting my daily nutrients in will help with that as well. I know I'm not getting in enough fruits and vegetables daily, which are essential, so, as I said in the last paragraph, I'm hoping this new app will help with that, it shows what my intake for fats (saturated, unsaturated,  polyunsaturated, monounsaturated and trans), cholesterol, sodium, potassium, etc. - you get the picture, the details of the nutrients you are eating.

If you have any questions about the 30-Day Shred or hints/tips/suggestions on getting the necessary daily nutrients, let me know, would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment