Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Plan

I've done some reading online about setting up an exercise plan, so I'm going to outline it here. I need goals, a time frame, structure and to maintain the program, plus adjusting when I hit a plateau.

The following categories are from: About.com

Set your goals
  • Goal weight 130-140 lbs.
  • Exercise at least 5 days per week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday) Wednesday will be the only consistent day off (I watch a TV show on Tuesday that goes off at 10).
  • Calorie intake: 1400 calories
Set a timeframe for your goals
Reach goal weight by July 31, 2011 (that's 34 weeks from today), which equals just under 1.5 lbs. (1.47) per week...which is, I believe, a healthy weight loss goal, and what is recommended for optimum health.

Figure out how to meet your goals with an exercise program
Exercise. EA Active More Workouts has a 6-week challenge. I believe this is a good routine that they have, it's just a matter of me making the time to do it. The Wii is hooked up to the TV downstairs, but we have another TV, I just need to make an effort to do the exercise, probably in the a.m.

What I need to do: adjust my bedtime and wake up time. Workouts tend to be 20-30 minutes, plus stretching. I will say that I need a minimum of 40 minutes for exercise. I will also need to eat something before (carbs: toast and fruit) and after my workout (protein; eggs). So that's at least another 20 minutes before exercising and at least 10 after. We're at 1 hour and 10 minutes now. I only need about 10 minutes in the shower and about 20 to get dressed and do my hair, we're at an hour and 40 now. Might as well make it 2 hours, because I also have to make lunches, but that usually falls in the 20 minutes to get dressed and do my hair. I need to leave by 7:30 a.m., so I need to get up at 5:30 a.m. I need to be in bed no later than 9:30 p.m., which won't be too much of a stretch because I go to bed at 10 now (but I read for about 20 minutes).

Structure your program
EA Active More Workouts

Maintain your program
Minimum 5 days per week, only consistent day off will be Wednesday each week.

Daily Routine
Set alarm for 5 a.m.
Eat carbs (toast and fruit)
Exercise
Eat protein
Shower
Get dressed
Make lunches
Do hair, etc.Work

The following is from: About.com

BMR Calculator
The how to: 655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)
Mine: 655 +  821.3 + 291.4 - 169.2 = 1598.5

Calculate Activity
  • If you are sedentary : BMR x 20 percent
  • If you are lightly active: BMR x 30 percent****I'm choosing this one as I start my exercise routine
  • If you are moderately active (You exercise most days a week.): BMR x 40 percent
  • If you are very active (You exercise intensely on a daily basis or for prolonged periods.): BMR x 50 percent
  • If you are extra active (You do hard labor or are in athletic training.): BMR x 60 percent
BMR x 30%
1598.5 x 30% = 2074.02

I just downloaded the free app Calorie Counter which will sync with the website Calorie Counter. I don't have to have internet access when I put it into my iPod, and it will still sync up once I have access again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment